JF Ptak Science Books Quick Post in the History of Lines series
This is a one square inch detail of an engraving of a mosaic (published ca. 1840) from the "Pseudurbana" at Herculaneum. Evidently it was excavated in the very early 19th c (ca. 1807) and was known as "villa pseudurbana of M. Arrius Diomedes, or the villa of Aufidies" according to Eugene Dwyer in Pompeii's Living Statues...(2010, pg 14). This wasn't intended to be inspected so closely, but it mostly withstands the high magnification.
Here's the full image: