JF Ptak Science Books Quick Post
This is an interesting display of perspective found in the article "How Colossal Living Flag was Built", in Popular Mechanics, volume 20, 1918, pp 177-8.
- Staff on left: 550' long, composed of 700 men
- Ball on top of staff: composed of 250 men which measures 237' x 20' (and its widest as an oval)
- Top of flag :293'; Bottom of flag: 73'
- Left part of flag: 428'; right, 128'
- Star upper left composed of 126 men; star bottom right, 12 men.
Oh--and according to the text, the shot took one hour to assemble.