JF Ptak Science Books Poster Series 1
- This is the first of the newly-reinstated Poster Production part of this blog. I did many of these some years ago, though they were mostly technical drawings of the B-17 (G!) and such. There are many in the pipeline--there should be one new entry per day.
This is the fantastic artwork for the cover of the pamphlet The General Strike for Industrial Freedom which was printed in Chicago in January 1933 by the Industrial Workers of the World (the Wobblies). The IWW was pretty far left--okay, very far--and was founded in 1905 by Eugene V. Debs, Mary Harris "Mother" Jones, William D. ("Big Bill") Haywood, Daniel De Leon, Thomas Hagerty, Lucy Parsons, and others. By the '30's membership in the organization was off probably an order of magnitude, its heydey more "dey" than "hey", its flash gone.
- This cover art is available as a poster as follow:
- 13x19 inch photographic matte paper
- printed from a 600 dpi scan with pigment inks
- original image cleaned to remove nearly all detracting defects
- orders processed within 48 hours
Price: $24.50, postage paid in the U.S., delivered in a tube